Holistic Pet Medicine in Greenland
There are some cases in which the most effective way to treat an illness is by combining traditional Western veterinary medicine with holistic medicine. We offer both at our veterinary hospital. With our holistic pet medicine services in Greenland, we can treat a wide range of medical conditions. Holistic medicine, also known as alternative medicine, involves treating your pet’s entire body, mind, and spirit to promote the best possible health using the following:
- Class VI laser therapy: Use of a laser light to treat pain and inflammation in a safe, non-invasive manner.
- Herbal therapy (available at All Pets Veterinary Hospital): Use of herbs alone or with acupuncture to treat various medical conditions.
- Acupuncture (available at All Pets Veterinary Hospital): Placement of needles into specific points of the body to create a healing effect.
- Tui-na massage (available at All Pets Veterinary Hospital): Use of massage techniques that help balance the body’s energy and unblock pain areas. Intended to boost the effects of herbal medicine and acupuncture.
- Food therapy (available at All Pets Veterinary Hospital): Use of food to enhance the effects of acupuncture and herbal medicine to treat and prevent disease.
Pet Laser Therapy
Does your pet have arthritis or any other debilitating condition? If so, we can help. Greenland Veterinary Hospital is proud to use Companion® laser therapy, the latest in chronic pain and inflammation treatment. Laser therapy provides a non-invasive way to treat pain and inflammation while restoring mobility and function for your four-legged friend. It can also heal cells to help your pet recover faster and easier, and with less pain. This treatment modality can be used for various species to treat:
- Chronic pain and osteoarthritis
- Wounds and hot spots
- Fungal infections
- Anal gland abscesses
- Lacerations and wound healing
- Post-surgical incision treatments
- Lick granulomas
- Sports medicine therapy
If you’d like to learn more about our pet laser therapy service in Greenland, or if you’d like to schedule a consultation, give us a call at 603-433-5665.